Tuesday, November 22, 2011

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED, New mortgage and relationship breakdown?

A close friend of mine has just found out his girlfriend has been cheating on him for the last few months. They have only been in their new home a few weeks, they also have a child together.





Advice needed for UK please.





What can he do about the mortgage? Its joint and he cannot afford it on his own. As far as I know, they have signed for 2 years. Will they be penalised for selling up only a month into it?





Any other useful advice or links much appriciated!


Thanks.URGENT ADVICE NEEDED, New mortgage and relationship breakdown?
your friend should contact citizen's advice bureau for some free advice, see this link to find nearest http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/n6w/index they will explain all his options and legal rights so he can make a choice.


it might also be an idea to see a local solicitor, they often offer free initial meetings, and he can get some free advice, to find one who deals with this matter see the community legal services' website http://www.clsdirect.org.uk/index.jsp


mediation may also be an option - there is nothing to say that this is the end of the road for the couple, perhaps they can get through this with some support!?


if it is over and she leaves the property he could consider taking in a lodger to cover the mortgage payments to avoid the penalties of selling.


i'm sure there are many options, but he needs to seek professional advice asap before making any rash decisions.URGENT ADVICE NEEDED, New mortgage and relationship breakdown?
personal feeling,s aside [I know....easier said than done] it seem,s they entered a legal agreement together....%26amp; are both responsible for their end of the agreement......if they can see past their personal problem,s [at least for the child,s sake] %26amp; share the home ....on a platonic level....untill the end of the contract.......they can escape penality fine,s....%26amp; legal problem,s.
probably will be penalised or even not allowed to sell. If enough room, maybe switch bedrooms and suck it up for a bit whilst try to figure out.


Let her keep the house, she buy him out of anything he has contributed and he move on, rent blah, nearby to see the kid etc, unless it's him who is the primary carer for child then she move out and he take in a lodger/extend mortgage repayment time/ask folks for help?


He could always try to figure out why she did it and maybe try to forgive her and try to patch things up, very hard to do but it could buy him some time and keep the relationship friendly (for the kid mainly). Oh and if it gets at all sticky, get a solicitor.
They should sell it. There is not penalty.
Not what your friend wants to hear, but he shouldn't do anything. Stay with the mortgage, stay with the child, just wait a bit. No need to stay faithful to the woman, but stay faithful to the child, and stay in the house for a couple of years. Break ups are expensive and they keep you poor. He should bide his time and not be forced out of his house and away from his child because of her bad behaviour. Relinquishing a mortgage at this stage has penalties and he should go when it suits HIM not her.
they need to go to the bank and discuss their individual circumstances, which means they'll have to be brave big and mature while this is all being settled, put their differences aside and be nice to each other, especially as they have a child
Sell the house!
Citizens Advice Bureau may be a good place to start.


Also Google 'mortgage law' then narrow the search down to better key words.





Their lawyer can ask for sight of the policy and go through the small print if they haven't got a copy of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THIS IS AMAZING AND WONDERFUL TESTIMONY THAT I MOST SHARE TO YOU ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

I'm so excited share this testimony, i sincerely hope my post gets read and hopefully helps somebody along the line.i will never forget the help the Great Dr Ahmed Utimate render to me in my marital life. i have been in relationship for 4 years now and my boyfriend and i love each other very dearly . after 3 years of our relationship my boyfriend suddenly changed, he was having an affair with a lady outside, i notice it then i was praying for divine intervention the thing became more serious i told my pastor about it we prayed but nothing happen. my husband just came home one day she pick up his things and left me and the pregnancy, At this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my boyfriend and my relationship too. i was just checking my mails in the office when i saw someone sharing her testimony on how the Great Dr Ahmed Utimate help her out with her marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ahmed and told him my problem and him told me that my problems will be solve within 24Hours. he told me what went wrong with my boyfriend and how it happen. that he will restored my relationship back. To my greatest surprise my boyfriend came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive he, i ask him to get up from is knee that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard for the great Dr to harder, my life is back into shape i have my boyfriend back and we are happily married now with a baby boy and i have my job back too.This man is really powerful..if we have up to 20 people like him in the world, the world would have been a better place..he has also helped many of my friends to solve many problems and they are all happy now..Am posting this to the forum for anybody that is interested in meeting the man for help.you can......Email him on Ahmedutimate@gmail.com, call or Whatsapp he on+2348160153829

Post a Comment