Saturday, August 21, 2010

Having a hard time letting go of an old relationship-advice please!?

I dated this guy for 6 months during high school but we broke up when he went to college. There really wasn't a good reason, we were just both interested in living the new life ahead of us (his first year of college-and being an athlete, and my senior year of high school). A while after we broke up, I realized just how much i really liked him and wished that I had tried harder to keep the relationship going. His family really liked me and was really disappointed when we broke up. They were upset with him, which made him kind of mad at me just because they understood my side more than his. We broke up about 3 years ago and I am currently in a relationship that has been going on for 2 years. I am really happy with the guy I am with now, but I just don't understand why I can't stop thinking about my ex. I had a dream about him last night where we ran into each other and things were just back to normal and we realized that we still loved each other. So yeah, I just need some advice. I am not sure if the dream is a sign that I should try to get back with him or if it just just a thing. I am just so confused right now and I am not sure how to get over him.Having a hard time letting go of an old relationship-advice please!?
Why dont you talk to him about what your feelings are? see if he's still in love with you, but you have to be really carefull, don't hurt this new guy your dating.Having a hard time letting go of an old relationship-advice please!?
Do not let a dream dictate how you run your life.





Dreams are just that, dreams. They do not determine how you should be living your life. And if you decide you should follow your dream, I'd like to be there when you try to explain to your current boyfriend WHY your ending a 2 year relationship with him.


You'll have to lie to him, because there is no way to justify ending a relationship simply because of a dream.
Yeah its normal for you to really miss him, don't worry.


Even his own family likes you, not him lmao.


The only thing you have to do is spend as much time with your new boyfriend, be happy with him, and you'll forget about your ex soon.


Be happy, surround yourself with the people that love you, and do things that you love to do.


Hope I helped.


Peace.
Spend more time thinking about yourself and what You want to do with Yourself, instead of with him.


I know its hard sometimes, a person becomes your life. But just stick with yourself, do things that entertain you, go out with your Girlfriends, best remedy.


Friends. they were there before and will be there afterwards.


Most of them atelast.. I hope ;)
Just get back out into the dating circle, even have a one night stand if you have to! :)


Please, someone answer mine! :)


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>


xoxo.Pavel
listen to a song my frank zappa, ';broken hearts are for assholes';
you should move on from him
Try your best to stop thinking about him, I know its going to be hard. But you can pull through. Listen to positive music. Not music that would make you cry. Keep yourself occupied. Dont just sit around and be bored because your not going to have a choice but to think about him. If you do what I told you, you'll soon get over him. Its going to take some time......But I know you can do it. Hope I helped


Good Luck!
Some guys, you never truly get over. I think I can understand this, because I deal with it everyday. But it's not to say that it would really work out if you two did strike it back up again. And it's not to say your current relationship is not right for you. At least that is my take on it. I think if it were truly meant to be, love would find a way. It usually does, when you think about it. I mean, I have had a guy look me up after three years and tell me he made a big mistake and would like to start over. And guess what? We are still good friends, but it didn't work out the second time either. But we needed that one more try, I guess.





But like I said, I know the feeling...that maybe you ';missed'; the first time, but ';what if';? But you can't keep beating up that question in your brain. It will only make it more torture. The dream came because he was on your subconscience that day and for no other reason than that. I beleive that if there was an ultimate plan, you would both be led by fate on the path to each other. You know that song, ';every long lost road led me to where you are, others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms, this much I know is true, God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you';? Songs like that aren't written because things didn't work out, but because in the end, they did.





Here's what I think: There is this guy that I know ';maybe'; I was supposed to be with him. I'm not sure WHAT or WHY it ended, but I know it was a similar decision on both of our parts. But the person I am with is the person I am supposed to be with (at least right now) and I was blessed with him and a beautiful daughter by him. And I think that things like that happen for a reason. They may not be your soul mate, but they are right for you in the sense that you are safe, secure, and can build a future in life.
Maybe look at your current man relationship. Is there something missing that might cause you to want to go back to the old relationship?





Past relationships remain static in your mind. You could probably pick right up where you dropped off, except that both of you have changed over three years. If you met him again he would not be the same man as you remember him, nor you the woman he remembers.





Concentrate on keeping what you have working well and eventually the thoughts of past relationships will fade.





PS: You might try some neurolinguistic programing to move the old relationship out of your mind. There are several books on the topic and your library might have one you can read.
You should talk to your ex about how u feel about him... i mean i was kinda in tht situation b4.. but.. mayb ur current bf.. should understand that you really really did love ur ex.... ur bf now should understand that because people like that no offense should understand if they are really truely good friends. So.. mayb you should talk to your ex about it and maybe it could help you get over him and you should see if he feels the same way or not about u and about what happend after you guys broke up.
hey hun!





im in a similar situation to you are!!





im in a relationship with a boy i love but i still have feelings for my ex whom i think was my first real love.





sometimes its harder than others, when i compare what my life was like now compared to then its hard to think i miss it sometimes.





my new bf is a better man that my ex was.


this is a more serious relationship but i still do think about my ex.





seeing him alot about the town dont help either.








there is not much you can do. but i find trying to put him out of your life will probaly help. things that remind you off him, dump them. when you feel yourself thinkn about him, stop it and remember your happy with your new relationship!!





going back to your ex will only cause heartbreak to somebody!!





keep your head held high and look forward to life in the future!!!
Getting over someone isn鈥檛 easy. I know how you feel. I don鈥檛 think you should go after him. Another thing is it鈥檚 been two years since you two broke up. If you haven鈥檛 talked to each other it might be a little awkward if one day you start talking to him. You also don鈥檛 want your current boyfriend to think you don鈥檛 want to be with him anymore unless you really don鈥檛. I think if you two where meant to be it will happen later in life and if not you will someday find someone you will love more than your ex. I believe fate will bring people together who are supposed to be. And I think it might hurt to possible find out he doesn鈥檛 want to be with you still. But still only you know what to do just believe in yourself. I hope this helps
Wow, I've been in this situation, but who hasn't? All i can say is time will tell. You've only been with your ex for 6 months, yet you've been with your current boyfriend for two years now?? Are you really happy with him?? Maybe you should sit back and analyze if your really happy with our current bf. To me, it seem like there was something that your ex had, that your current doesn't. Is that why you keep thinking about him? But I'll say, focus on your new relationship, and your ex will disappear. With you constantly thinking about him, that might put a strain on your relationship, and you could possibly end up with alone. Apparently it looks like he moved on, and so should you! Hope this helped.
i think it's normal, you're just going down memory lane and prolly passing the scene of ';what could of been'; if you guys got back together. i went out with my ex for 6-7 yrs. i'd think of him from time to time but i know that i dont love him. you shouldnt let the past ruin what you have with your bf of 2 yrs. im guessing you dont talk your ex. why dont you keep a good friendship between you both? eyes are made in front for some reason.. to look whats ahead. how can you if you keep looking back? anyways, give it some thought. hope this helps :)
Your never really going to know your true feelings until you get in contact with him. Both of you guys are getting old and i dont think you want to be on the verge of getting married when you finally run into this guy and realize you still love him. Throughout the years people change, if you get in contact with him and realize he's not the same anymore then that will give you the push to move on from the past. If not, then maybe you guys were meant to be together, its never too late to start over. I suggest you get in contact with him and have a friendly lunch or dinner just to catch up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment