Saturday, August 21, 2010

20+ year olds, please give me some good relationship advice?? LONG.. I could really use your help/opinion ?

Me and my exgirlfriend started dating in October and then at the beginning of December we broke up. I dumped her because my family doesn't like her, and I felt like she was doing nothing with her life. A few weeks later we got back together and she changed a lot-- I helped her enroll in school, and things were going well. I was also living in the same town as her when we got back together and all was well.





Then, school started up again for me and I had to go back to campus. We dated for another 4 months but gradually drifted apart just because I was so busy with graduation, jobs, and studying for the LSAT. One day she called me and asked if I would go out of my way for her and see her that weekend, I told her no I was busy and one thing led to another and we broke up again for the second time.





Two weeks later, I called her and I told her how I felt about her. I told her that I loved her and that I was just being stupid. She said that we needed 'time to focus on ourselves' and I agreed since I was so busy anyway. She said things like ';I cant be with you the way you are right now, and I dont want to be with anyone the way I am right now'; and ';I know I wont ever technically get over you, I will always care for you and wonder if you are OK but I will try and 'move on'.





During this time, I thought about her a lot and she is friends with my bestfriend so he told me what was going on. He said that she still ';loves me like a boyfriend'; He also said that she was ';waiting for me to get home so we could start talking again.'; He thinks that we are going to get back together, pretty much.





I let three weeks go by and I called her. We talked for about 3.5 hours just catching up and everything. My bestfriend talked to her later about it and she said that ';we talked forever and it went well.';





Two days later we texted a little bit, and I tried to make a bet with her to set up a date. We both like to draw so we picked a subject and I said ';if i win then we go out to dinner and if u win whatever within reason';. She replied ';hmm.. Ill have to think about it. I'll figure something out by tommorow'; Well, the next day (yesterday) she never replied to me or anything.





I get home from school in a week and I'll be in the same town as her again. I really want to be back with her and spend the next year with each other living so close. When we are together we both have a really good time and I just want to make things work in general.





Does she just want to be friends with me?


What should I do to get one last chance and really make things work?


Should I try to move on?20+ year olds, please give me some good relationship advice?? LONG.. I could really use your help/opinion ?
It sounds like some push and pull effort that isn't going anywhere. You relationship with her is suffering because you don't have enough time for it and she's having difficulty not having you consistently in her life and can you blame her? I think she still loves you but is having a battle within herself. If you really want to make things work, your going to have to compromise something to make the effort to invest in the relationship you have with her.20+ year olds, please give me some good relationship advice?? LONG.. I could really use your help/opinion ?
You really need to talk to her and ask her where she is in her life. Figure out if you both are on the same page as far as getting back together and trying to make it work. That way you won't be listening to ';hear-say'; and you will know for sure wether it's right to move on or not.
well i think u should give her time because you got to do wat u wanted to do and now she's trying to get herself situated.





but she definitely still has a lot of feelings for you





but hopefully when the time is convenient for the both of you it will work out

No comments:

Post a Comment