Monday, August 23, 2010

Lost spark in relationship? Any advice?

My fiance %26amp; I have been together almost 4 years, we share a handsome little boy. We love each other very much. However, lately it just seems the excitement in the relationship is gone. We barely go anywhere due to our work schedule's being opposite of each other. Our days off are hardly ever the same. I try to suggest we go somewhere and he is not very interested, but he will go with his male friends if they want. We spend most of our time together in the house. When we are invited to any of my friends get together he is not interested at all. But, anywhere he ask me to go (which isn't very often) I will go happily. Sex is about once a week now %26amp; its just not the way it used to be. Its just him letting me know he wants some and im like ';ok lets get it over with.'; If there is any arguing at all I ask him if he really wants to be here and he says if he didn't he wouldn't. I'm feeling very unappreciated. He says staying in and watching a movie is good enough for him, so that is our ';special evening.'; What about what I want to do? I don't think I am asking too much. Dinner, movie, show....something...anything? I definitely don't want our relationship to end. We both want to marry each other, but if it doesn't get better I don't know what the fate of it is.


Advice? And if your going to say something stupid and immature just go to the next question.Lost spark in relationship? Any advice?
it sound like you need to talk to each other and find out what is really


going on trust me after 4 years of being engaged, you need to figure


out if you want to stay around. something is going on time to talk


it out once for all...Lost spark in relationship? Any advice?
If you're working opposite schedules, that can definitely take a toll on a marriage. Maybe one of you needs to change your work schedule, so that you're both off at the same time. And then you're going to have to work at making things feel special again. Don't wait for him to do it. You're the one who needs something more, so you should initiate it. Get a sitter, make dinner reservations and go out for the evening. Put aside your ';get it over with'; attitude about sex and start initiating it so that he feels appreciated. Sometimes you have to make a special effort to get the other person interested in the relationship again.





Also, if you still just ';engaged'; after four years, maybe you really aren't that engaged to one another. Maybe you're just hanging out together sharing the rent until someone gets the energy to leave. Perhaps it's time to talk seriously about the wedding and see if your relationship really has any substance left to it.
if I were you I would try to talk to him calmly and let him know how u feel and ask for some input on how he feels...if he cant do that much then i would just set him down and say something along these lines...'; ok we have been engaged for 4 years now. you say you want to marry me yet I cant even get you to go anywhere with me and i am feeling very unnappreciated lately. Also, if you cant tell me how you feel and all you can do is give me a short answer that just leaves me confused then why are we even doing this anymore?'; let him know how you feel and why you feel that way and tell him what you need from him. you cant get any more blunt than that and he doesnt seem to care now then honey he is not going to care 50 years down the road. so you need to cut your losses and move on and think about yourself. and im saying this from experience so please know that i completley understand where you are coming from and you can only take so much and you need to think about yourself and your kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment