Monday, August 23, 2010

My ex called and appologized but I'm in a new relationship, advice?

I broke up with David because I was tired putting up with all the stuff he put me through. He cheated on me one night with his ex. He got really drunk and yelled at me and called me names twice. He wouldn't call back alot when he said he would. Through it all I loved him. I still do. While we were together he tried to change. He cut down on drinking alot. He would try his best to make sure he called me. He would tell me he loved me. He would make sure I was ok when we were together. I broke up with him because of him constantly ';testing'; me to see how I would react as he called it. For example He would tell me he would be drinking just to see how I'd react. I got tired of and broke it off with him because no how much I told him I didn't care for it, he didn't get it. He had issues to deal with like a drug addict abusive father who would beat and rob his mother, beat him and his little sister. There were times he would say no cared about it but I cared for him and I told him this.My ex called and appologized but I'm in a new relationship, advice?
Sadly, he is not emotionally available.


No matter how much he tries...until he sees a professional....he will never be relationship material.





He needs reassurance because he was hurt by the people who were supposed to love him unconditionally...therefore, he trusts nobody!





His issues were not even with you. What happened between the two of you was just a result of what he has endured with his family.





It was nice of him to apologize, but it means nothing unless he gets help to fix


the root of his problems.





I know that you say that you still love him...


but do you love him or feel sorry for him?





Do you love him because noone else did?





Love is earned through reciprocation %26amp; respect.





Although he said that he loves you...it is not true. He can not love you because he does not love himself.





He thinks that he is unworthy of love because of what has happened to him.





I hope that you find the strength to walk away.





When someone is unhealthy mentally, they


can drag you down to the point of not having the ability to get up.





Best wishesMy ex called and appologized but I'm in a new relationship, advice?
Only a chickenshit apologizes by phone and not face to face. Just because an apology is offered does not mean it must be accepted. If he was a cheater and a also lied you don't owe him the courtesy of a response.
I believe when we ask for opinions, we all ready know the answer..





If he truly loves you, then help him, if not love yourself enough to walk away
Girl..It sounds like you've had enough of David...It hurts to end a relationship, but it doesn't sound like he's willing to change and sounds like you found someone that could truly make you happy...give Alex a shot....If the love with David was that strong on his part...he would have changed for good and showed you instead of playing games with your feelings....Move on and enjoy what you've been missing!
i dont know about you but i always say i deserve the best and from what i have read David ain't you did a good thing and dump him.my advise to you forget about David he is stress focus on your education and date someone who will help and build you and not break you

No comments:

Post a Comment