Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ugh I hate to publicize this but I need relationship advice..?

So, I have been with my boyfriend for about six months. Recently he's been acting sortof different;


he sounds less excited to talk to or see me,


he didnt want to have sex with me the other night


and asked to sleep alone in my basement.


Yesterday on the phone I asked if he wanted to do something this weekend and he said ';what? you never want to do anything';


and I said ';well I do now';


and he just said ';ok whatever';


I thought everything was going great, so is his stepping off just normal? or is it a problem?Ugh I hate to publicize this but I need relationship advice..?
If everything was going well up until now, there is a problem. Has there been a big change in his life recently? Is he under a lot of pressure at work? Has there been family turmoil? The next time you talk to him, say something like ';Hey babe, I've noticed that lately you seem a little unhappy. What's going on?'; If he says it's related to work or family, let him know you understand and that you'll support him 100%. If he doesn't offer any explanation or gets really angry/defensive, he might be looking to end the relationship, so ask him point-blank ';Do you still want to continue this relationship, or is it time to move on?'; If he seems surprised and genuinely doesn't want to end the relationship, let him know that you feel like he's already got one foot out the door, and that you wish he would open up to you a little bit.





If he just goes back to doing this after a week or so, or doesn't change at all, I'd say it's time to stop seeing each other romantically, because there's something going on that is more important to him than your relationship.Ugh I hate to publicize this but I need relationship advice..?
I think that there are a few options here and you know him best so choose one:





1) He is a commitment phobe, and senses that you are getting close with him and he needs to back off


2) He is seeing someone else


3) He feels like you are getting clingy


4) His interests are changing


5) He has family/personal problems that are effecting his mood


6) He isn鈥檛 one to talk about emotions and there is something that has been bothering him but he can鈥檛 seem to talk about it so he is trying to avoid you





Maybe it鈥檚 one of those?
Well,sounds to me like he's wanting space to himself,and at some point we all do need space to ourselves,plus he's probably settling into your relationship so it seems routine...Try doing things together that you both like to do,or just ask him if theres anything you can do to cheer him up..At least you will know where you stand...Its not worth the stress of worrying about something when you can talk it over with him...Good luck!%26gt;=)
Before a break up some people first start pulling away so when they pull away completely things aren't that bad emotionally. That is what he is doing. And it does sound like he made other plans since he made a point of telling you, that you never want to do anything. I think he betted on that and has made other plans. And since he just didn't say that he made other plans it could be with another female. So just be prepared. Ask him, tell him you two need to put everything out in the open and move on, with or without each other.
Yesterday on the phone I asked if he wanted to do something this weekend and he said ';what? you never want to do anything';


and I said ';well I do now';





maybe he got tired of you never wanting to do anything and he stopped trying, doesn't want to be the only one putting effort into the relationship..
Agreed. The 'aye's' have it. He has not found in you what he is looking for (not your fault) and will find another as soon as he grows the balls. On the other hand he has to be open and tell you what the problem is before anything else. Maybe it's a misunderstanding. Just make sure you set yourself up to be without him so you aren't hurt in the process.
He was withdrawing and thinking about breaking up because you're not that into him.


You noticed and suddenly took interest in him and changed your behavior.


Now he doesn't know what to make of that.


It sounds like you home-body style of part of the reason he was thinking about moving on.
Sounds like the relationship is going down hill and fast. Sounds to me like you are boring him. He said ' you never want to do anything' that is a BIG red flag. And yes there are nights a man doesn't wanna do it but come on - sleep in the basement??? Sounds fishy to me.
It sounds like he's found an interest in another girl, therefore, he's not caring about the relationship with you. It sounds like he's doesn't respect you at all anymore. My advice would be to end it. Why should you spend your time with someone who doesn't appreciate you, you know? Hope this helps


Please answer mine:thanks


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
He is distancing himself from you... rudely I might add.





I would go out with friends and redevelop my life outside of him. If he comes back with interest then you can decide whether you want him.





There is no use trying to drag it out of him. He is telling you without telling you.
He's just not that into you anymore. Too early in a relationship to be having these types of problems. Time to move on and find a new man.
He's over it.


This relationship has reached its expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment