Monday, August 23, 2010

Single Mom :: In a relationship??? Need advice from other single moms!

I have a 5 year old little girl. I have been with this man for a year and a half. I dont want to get into all the details... since we know relationships are complicated. But I wanna know what I should find most important being with someone.. and already having a little girl. Like what characteristics I should look for in him.. that makes me want to hold on. For awhile now.. I have been un happy... and I just dont know what to do anymore. I want advice from those that are now married to someone.. and you started off just being a single mom and found the right one. And also from those.. that are going through what I am. Single Mom :: In a relationship??? Need advice from other single moms!
Hi chicks. I'm not married yet but i've found the one. I have a six year old son from a previous relationship also so i know where you're coming from. You should definitely find his relationship with your daughter most important. How does he interact with her and does he put her first like you do? My partner also has kids from a previous relationship. He has great understanding and treats Jack like his own even though it has been tough as my son rejected him and was very protective of me. It's been a rocky road for all of us, to be fair but communication is definitely key here chicks and we've made it out the other side (very happily now). Are you not happy because of the way your partner treats your daughter? Or is it he doesn't make you happy anymore? because these are two very separate issues. You just have to remember that your choices now affect your daughter too so choose wisely whether or not you want to be with this man.......good luck xxxSingle Mom :: In a relationship??? Need advice from other single moms!
if your man buts you and your little girl first thats the most important thing, if he makes you happy, if your not in the relantionship your kids can sense it. and thats one thing you dont want, your kids always comes first and as long as this other bloke knows that an can be happy with that.
i am in the same type of situation as you, up untill a few days ago my partner of about a year jus bugged me, dont no y and cant explain, he was like a puppy dog and it bugged me, i couldnt take no more ended it and 2 days later got back together. I realised what i had lost and how much he loves me and my daughter who is nearly 4. Dont know what advice to give, i looked at it as do i love him and splitting up made me see i love him so so much!! im not saying you should split up. xx
He should have feelings for you and your girls.


Does he care/love your girl as well.


Do not rush into getting married.
i was single mom for 5 years. if you are unhappy in the relationship you shouldn't be in it. you have your child to consider now. i started dating my current husband 2 years ago. we had dated back in 1996, so i already knew him. he is incredible with my daughter, and they have an awesome relationship that i have been able to watch grow. i know relationships are hard and adding a child to the mix makes it much more difficult. my advice to you is if you aren't happy in your current relationship you need to get out of it. the longer you are in it, the harder it will be to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment