Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm faced with a very difficult decision and need some relationship advice...?

This might get a little confusing, but please hang in there with me. I don't know what to do.





I have two guys in my life right now who are potential boyfriends, but I'm currently still single. We will call them Mike and Ryan, just to help you keep them straight.





Mike is probably the most amazing guy I have ever met. He is polite, caring, chivalrous, all my friends love him and he is very good looking to boot. For a few weeks now we have been acting in ways that make people think we are together: holding hands in public, always together, and we even kiss goodbye. But Mike has recently brought up the fact that he isn't interested in starting a relationship with anyone for quite a while. This kind of hurt my feelings because he wishes to keep what we have going...going. Normally I would be completely turned away by this, but he is very sincere and really appreciates the fact that I ';understand';. I have no idea why he would want it this way. Maybe he doesn't want to be tied down, or maybe he is trying to get over his last girlfriend. I have no clue.





Then Ryan returns to the picture. I say returns because Ryan and I have a bit of history. We have never had a formal relationship, but we have gotten pretty intimate, and I am still very attracted to him. The thing about Ryan though is that, though he is very funny, he can be very sarcastic and at times a little unreliable. He is fun to hang out with individually, but once you get him in a group situation, he's the kind of guy that likes to stand out and be heard. He came up to me yesterday and flat out asked me if there would ever be a chance that we could be together. This astounded me because he has personally told me that he has a huge fear of committment and it is obvious by the way he behaves. I have always been interested in being his girlfriend, but it always seemed to be about whether he was ready or not. I got sick of waiting and I found Mike, and now I'm stuck waiting again.





So finally: do I try and figure things out with my old flame Ryan who finally might be ready for a relationship? Or do I wait it out until Mike, who is not only everything that Ryan isn't but everything a girl could want, has a ';reality check';, as my friends say, and we can be together officially?





The catch: If I were to start things back up with Ryan I'm afraid I could lose Mike as a friend alltogether because even though we are not a couple, I think he would feel very jealous and betrayed if I started seeing someone else almost out of nowhere.





I know that was longwinded, but please help!I'm faced with a very difficult decision and need some relationship advice...?
you definitley need to go after ryan. mike is a good guy and all, but you cant keep waiting around for him forever! take a chance and get to know ryan and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment