Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking for a little long distance relationship advice!!?

So here's the thing - My fiance and I have been together for a long time, and we lived with each other for almost a year now. We are head over heals in love :) Anyways, with the economy the way it is these days, neither of us are doing well in our professions.. And things have gone from good to bad to worse very quickly. We lost our condo, and now we're losing our time together. We cant afford to live anymore basically. So this morning he left Alberta (which is where we live) to go to New Brunswick (which is where his parents live) His parents have offered to put him up until we can get back on our feet (how embarrassing). The catch being I can't come. (They arent fans of our relationship...) So it was a hard thing for us to do, but over the months it just became more and more clear that we had to do this. It was in the best interest of our future. So we made the decision for him to move to his family in NB and for me to move to my family in BC... Thats like two opposite sides of the freaking country!!! So yeah... this is going to be a rough spot in our relationship, but we know its temporary and we know we love each other, and we know without a shadow of a doubt that we'll be together again as soon as we possibly can. I'm in AB for another week by myself because I could get away at the same time he did. And I havent been in AB long so I don't know anyone... I already let go of my job... and I'm just like sitting in my house waiting for something to happen. And nothing is! - I'm just looking to see if anyone out there who's been in a similar situation as I'm in right now had any advice for me. Anything would be helpful :)





ThanksLooking for a little long distance relationship advice!!?
yeah, my husband is way acrsoss the country working due to the economy we been together 12years,marry 4years he been away for almost 1year and 6 months. i hate it but i know he is doing for the family. i get depressed,sad,and lonely becuase i miss him so much.but we talk on the phone everyday,but sometimes that's not enough.my advice to u is to be strong and stand by your man if u really love him...Looking for a little long distance relationship advice!!?
Hi, sorry to hear things are a bit rough for you, but if it helps in any way, I am in a similar situation. I've been with my current boyfriend now for about 5 years, and a few months ago I moved to a completely different continent with my family due to my father's new employment. Since my BF and I cannot afford to live together at the moment (we are university students with low wage jobs) we didn't have much choice but to carry on a long distance relationship.





I cried and cried and cried the first few weeks. I never felt so alone. The best thing you can do is accept the fact that this is an obstacle in your life and that when you do overcome it, it will make both of you more mature and stronger as a couple. It will be tough but it is for a good cause.





I know how hard it is to be patient, but the truth is the more you sit and wait the longer and worse it is. I understand the budget is a factor, but develop hobbies. Make new friends. Learn a new skill that will help you find a better job. Take care of yourself! You know what works for me? Exercise (running, swimming, biking, yoga). It helps me relax, it helps the time pass by, and the next time I see my boyfriend he will be pleasantly surprised at how I have improved! Maybe now it seems like the world is falling apart, but find some motivation to focus on something you like or need and eventually you will feel better. I feel a lot calmer now than I did a few months ago.





Most importantly, try to communicate with him as often as possible. E-mail, webcam, telephone are good alternatives. If possible, try sending him a letter or a homemade present through the mail! Never underestimate the power of a hand-written love letter! Keep your conversations positive. Let him in on details of your daily life so he doesn't feel ';left out';. It's hard not being able to be intimate or have sex as often as you like, but try your best to have racy conversations ...send him some hot pics as well!!





If it's meant to be, it's meant to be! It will all be OK! I know I won't be able to see my BF for another couple of months and I won't be able to live with him for at least two more years, but don't forget this is just temporary. IF YOU REALLY LOVE HIM, it's worth it!!! Let's do this!!! You are not alone!!!





Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment