Sunday, July 25, 2010

Should I or Shouldn't I-relationship advice?

It's been 7mths since I've spoke to a friend that ended things w/ me and I still can't shake the guilt. I can't help but to think how she was an amazing friend yet I brought her a lot of unecessary hell. Well I want to do something nice 4 her to finally put a smile on her face but it's costly and risky. When we were friends I always told her I would take her to see Wicked so I wanted to get her a gift certificate of like $100 so her and a friend can go and see it. I'm reluctant b/c what if she doesn't like the $50 seats? What if she's still mad at don't even accept my gift? Someone help me w/ this please!Should I or Shouldn't I-relationship advice?
First, I am assuming that you are not doing this to try to ';buy your way back'; into her life.





If you are not trying to buy her, then I would suggest you send the tickets and do it anonymously. Do not let her know that it was you (if she calls, deny it). True acts of altruism should give nothing to the person doing them.





If after getting them, she decides not to go, then that is her choice. You only have power over the choice to get the tickets or not.Should I or Shouldn't I-relationship advice?
The only thing you can really do is give it a try. Nobody can for sure tell you what she will think but her. Go for it and see how things work out.
Depends on what ';unnecessary hell'; you brought her - it could be that any contact from you whatsoever would be an act bristling with hostility - or it could be a kindness - not enough info to say
Spend the money,


i would say if you are wondering about her happiness right now, then who is to say in a year from or two years from now you wont be telling yourself, if i had just spent 100 bux i would know for sure. by that time you will have thought that 100 dollars was nothing to put a rest to your agony/anxiety. 100 dollars is a lot of money but my advice it to buy those tickets, which seems like a really good idea letting her take her friend and not pressuring her to go with you necessarily, and see where it goes. you might want to include a note or something sweet just saying 'saw this concert and just wanted to keep my promise to you' or something along those lines but dont over do it. just do what feels comfortable to you and dont be pushy. good luck and hope things work out in a way you are both happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment